Now we move into Optional and HIGHLY subjective considerations:
- Update every 20 years at $3 a floor (very low estimate) * 1500 square feet = $4500 every 20 years, $225 a year or $18.75 a month
- Paint has gotten VERY expensive in the last 5 years. Yes I prefer using the higher quality paint, but make no mistake – paint is expensive. If you hirer a professional to paint your interior – odds are its going to cost the same as putting on a roof. $500 (about 25 gallons of quality paint) every 5-years, $100 a year or $8.33 a month.
- Cheap Job – $3,000 / 30 years = $100 a year or $8.33 a month
- Similar cost to putting on a new roof – $4,000 (at least) / 30 years = $133.33 a year or $11.11 a month
- Tree removed every 10 years for $500 = $50 a year or $4.16 a months
- Won’t speculate dollar amount because some repairs can be disasters while others are minor
- You want your place to look nice? It’s going to cost you. You ever see how much it really costs to remodel a bathroom or kitchen? It’s scary.
- Want privacy? It’s going to cost you thousands for a good quality fence. Split rail fencing is very popular because its so cheap in comparison to other fencing, but still is costly.
- Lawn Mower, Leaf Blower, Yard Bags, Mulch, Fertilizer, Seed, Rake, Landscaping, Flowers, Trees, Stones, etc.. I personally only spend about $240 – $300 a year on this, but I am BY FAR the exception and I have very young plants. You can easily double, triple, or even quadruple my budget very quickly.
- You want the $100 faucet or the $80 showerhead, it adds up. Top
It’s near impossible to put a number to this because it varies on so many aspects, but I’m going to say the items listed as “optional” cost roughly the same as what was listed as a “fixed” costs on the previous page. Think roughly $900 – $1000 a year for everything above (maybe a lot more or less)
Your financial path does not end here. Continue to the next page.